Tuesday, June 18, 2013

About Me


Hi, my name is Tyler. I live in Los Altos, California. I'm going to tell you about my personal experience from golf.

How I Started

My dad introduced me to golf when I was 5. Because I wasn't that interested I only played golf during the summer at Palo Alto Hills Golf and Country Club and an occasional lesson. After a while, I started enjoying golf more. At the age of 8 I started playing more regularly. Now I play every weekend. 

Why I like Golf

How many sports are there that require strength and precision? Not many. That's why I like golf. When hitting my driver which is what you usually hit when you're at the tee box, I want precision and power in my shot. When chipping, which is what you do when you're near the green, I mostly want precision. I also like it because my dad supports me when I play. For example, when I get a bad score on a hole I feel frustrated but when my dad tells me, "It's okay," that makes me feel better. When I hit a bad shot my dad tells me what I did wrong and what I should do next time. Sometimes he even shows me how to hit a shot, which helps me get a better score. Another thing that I like about golf is that I get to play with my friends.


Tournaments that I Play in

I have played in four tournaments so far. My first tournament was at Grayson Woods Golf Course in Pleasant Hills, California. I shot a 44 at +17. My second tournament was at Joe Montara Golf Course where I shot a 44 at +16. My most recent tournament was at Shoreline Golf Course where I shot a 42 at +6. On Wednesday I have a golf tournament at Santa teResa Golf Course, par is 27. Overall I have improved a lot. Last week I had a golf tournament on Wednesday at Santa Teresa Golf Course. I shot a 35 at +8. I feel that I have improved a lot since my first tournament (improved by 9 strokes). My goal of +2 didn't quite succeed but maybe on my next tournament I could get +3 or +4.


About the Tournaments

The tournaments are very hard because there are many good players. For example, when I played in the tournament at Shoreline there was one player who shot -3, which was 9 strokes better than me. I like tournaments because they're challenging and fun. They also help me practice not getting frustrated, which is important because I don't want to embarrass myself and  it's not proper etiquette to get overly emotional.

To sign up for tournaments click here

No comments:

Post a Comment